Murooj Electronic Services has recently acquired a majority interest in Yemen Financial Services Company (YFSC), which is owned by 11 banks and operates Yemen’s National Switch interbank network. The acquisition is intended to kick-start a payment transformation in Yemen’s present economic turmoil.
In light of this vision, Murooj triggered the creation of Yemen’s “National Mobile Wallet Company” (NMWC) that will integrate the YFS, banks, the private sector, telecoms, and government institutions (i.e. post authority). This job post is hired for the NMWC.
The National eWallet enables people to use their mobile phone to easily pay for their goods, leveraging over 100,000 direct retail and distributor’s network to build commercial acceptance for digital payments. No other entity has commercial reach to successfully rollout an accepted Mobile Wallet.
Murooj was established in 2017 and is a partnership between Cornerstone Holdings, a regional investment company, and the Hayel Saeed Anam Group (HSA) Yemen’s leading privately owned company and a diverse multinational corporation.
The company is based in Yemen with offices in Cairo. Murooj is focused on addressing Yemen’s severe financial challenges on the ground by introducing innovative mobile payment mechanisms that bypass currency shortages and meet the real needs of Yemen’s citizens and businesses.
Position Title: Communication Specialist
Location: Sana'a, Yemen
Reporting Relationships: Chief Marketing Officer (CMO)
Main Focus and Challenges:
The position will manage the organization's internal/external communications activities including advertising, marketing, media relations. The Communication Manager will create, implement and oversee communication programs that effectively describe and promote the organization and its products. The role may aid in the preparation of presentations and/or speeches geared toward employees and consumers. The primary role of the Communication Specialist is to support the marketing team in ensuring that the Murooj’s objectives and achievements are communicated efficiently and effectively. Communication to the media and public must be through strong external communications and the incumbent will work to develop and enhance internal communications at Murooj to help promote the company’s mission. Internal communication will include storm response and coverage as directed by the CMO.
• Developing and formulating communication channels (offline and online) of the company.
• Recognizing the target audience and formulating communications with regard to them.
• Playing a major role in marketing and advertising activities by writing press releases and notes.
• The Communication Specialist shall coordinate with the marketing team to plan and direct the company’s press strategy, including responding to media inquiries, pitching stories, distributing press releases, managing press events, and attending public meetings.
• Formulating speeches for public addresses within and outside the company.
• Training staff in order to improve their communication skills.
• Develop internal communication strategies to effectively communicate company’s vision and values.
• They create strategies to increase employee awareness and promote productivity
• Formulating speeches for senior executives that are to be used in high level meetings.
• Proofreading and editing all communication articles emanating from the company.
• Formulating write ups to be used in presentations in corporate events.
• Ensure all messaging aligns with key business strategies.
• Develop content for social media, websites, newsletters, press releases and any other distribution channels.
• Create presentations, articles, reports, and information for inside sales use.
• Develop or commission market research as needed.
• Brainstorm and collaborate with teams for new ideas and strategies.
• Work with PR Agencies and Marketing to coordinate budgets, deadlines, objectives, and schedules.
• Develop weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual media activity reports.
• Correspond with employees and external stakeholders to keep them informed of company developments
• Plan, create, and oversee the design, content, and production of marketing materials.
• Develop strategies for current and existing products, launches, and promotions.
• Identify media and press opportunities in a way that attempts to maintain a positive image of the company.
The successful candidate will ideally come from a best in class company, NGO or multinational background with extensive experience in communication. They will be a highly capable member to a team, used to operating as a Communication Specialist or equivalent. He/she will be a natural change agent who brings prior restructure and build experience, who is used to fixing and creating from scratch. The successful candidate will be driven by making a difference and therefore have the passion to drive growth. Demonstrating significant intellect and capability to operate in a very complex business operation, with multiple stakeholders, he/she will demonstrate strong attention to detail, exceptional integrity, and a hands-on, lean approach. If you are CREATIVE and PASSIONATE, you are the right candidate.
Qualifications & Experience
• Bachelor’s degree in marketing, journalism, business, or related field.
• Six years of experience in communications, PR, or related field.
• Experience with technologies and best practices for campaigns across multiple platforms.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Excellent writing skills.
• Good filming and editing skills.
• Superior public speaking skills.
• A basic knowledge about publicity campaigns and other commercial activities.
• Ability to tap into the pulse of target audience in order to customize content and make it more effective.
• Excellent analytical and observation skills.
• A strong grasp on grammar, proactive writing, language and powerful writing.
• Good leadership qualities.
• An excellent eye for detail in order to spot mistakes in written drafts.
• Must be alert and quick to grasp the requirements of the piece to be written.
• Good computer knowledge in word processors.
Murooj is committed to the principles and practices of equal opportunities and to encouraging the establishment of a diverse workforce. It is our policy to employ individuals on the basis of their suitability for the work to be performed and their potential for development, regardless of age, sex, race, color, nationality, ethnic or national origin. This includes creating a culture that fully reflects our commitment to equal opportunities for all.
To Apply please send your CV to the following Email:
Please write the following in the subject line when sending the Email: “Communication Specialist – Murooj”