CALL FOR CVs
Open to Internal and External Candidates
Position : Medical Assistant
Organizational Unit : Migration Health Unit
Duty Station : Yemen, Lahj
Type of Appointment : Special Short-Term (SST) MPH contract - M5.
6 Months (Renewable)
SVN No. : CFCV2020/019
Estimated Start Date : As soon as possible
Closing Date : Sunday 01, March 2020
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Internal and external candidates are eligible to apply to this vacancy. For the purpose of the vacancy, internal candidates are considered as first-tier candidates.
Working under the overall supervision of the Senior Programmes Coordinator (MH), and under the direct supervision of the Migration health Officer the successful candidate will be responsible for the carrying out the following duties and responsibilities in relation to the Medical Services in Yemen.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
1. Comply with Health Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s);
2. Work closely with the Medical Assistants in compliance to the Health Medical Assistants’ SOPs; including medical teams and their daily tasks and attendance and coordinate their shifts and leaves
3. Monitor the delivery of primary health care services. as required.
4. Support the direct supervisor in conducting Fitness to Travel (FTT) for beneficiaries are carried out as required.;
5. Assist the direct supervisor in coordinating with the protection unit for all Voluntary Humanitarian Returns (VHR) as and when required.
6. Support the direct supervisor in the completion of medical forms, DNA packages and other medical documents
and ensure they are transmitted to relevant partners, either by electronic means or by courier services.
7. Support the Senior Medical Assistant in the preparation of, and review of, monthly statistics on Health Services.
8. Support the preparation of purchase request forms for procurement of equipment and working materials for
Migration Health Unit (MHU) activities.;
9. Suggest improvements to strengthen internal control mechanisms; provide inputs for new procedures to
complement and/or adapt existing instructions in an effort to achieve streamlining efficiencies.
10. Support health care activities in the field level.
11. Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- University Degree/ Certificate in Medicine or related discipline with progressive experience of at least Five Years (Three Years for Bachelor’s Degree holders);
- Minimum Relevant Progressive 05 Years’ Experience (Three years for Bachelor’s Degree holders) in managing
health related activities, large dynamic teams, and other related background;
- Demonstrated Knowledge and Understanding medical terminology and background is an added advantage;
- High computer literacy in Windows and MS Office (especially Excel) is mandatory,
- Previous working experience with NGOs or international organizations is an added advantage.
- Fluent spoken and written English and Arabic is mandatory
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following competencies:
- Accountability – takes responsibility for action and manages constructive criticisms;
- Client Orientation – works effectively well with client and stakeholders;
- Continuous Learning – promotes continuous learning for self and others;
- Communication – listens and communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the audience;
- Creativity and Initiative – actively seeks new ways of improving programmes or services;
- Leadership and Negotiation – develops effective partnerships with internal and external stakeholders;
- Performance Management – identify ways and implement actions to improve performance of self and others;
- Planning and Organizing - plans work, anticipates risks, and sets goals within area of responsibility;
- Professionalism - displays mastery of subject matter;
- Teamwork – contributes to a collegial team environment; incorporates gender related needs, perspectives,
concerns and promotes equal gender participation; and,
- Technological Awareness - displays awareness of relevant technological solutions.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Only candidates residing in the country of the duty station within commuting distance of the duty station will be
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any
residency or visa requirements, and security clearances.
Female with the above qualifications are encouraged to apply.
How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via email to email@example.com indicating position
applied on subject line by Sunday 01 March, 2020
In order for the applications to be considered valid, IOM only accepts applications with a cover letter not more than one page specifying the motivation for application, with a subject line CFCV2020.019 Lahj. Medical Assistant M5.
All applications should include a functional email address, mobile numbers and detailed curriculum vitae (CV).
“Only shortlisted candidates will be contracted”
From 17.Feb.2020 to 01.Mar.2020